Complete Barista Course
The expert barista trainers employed by Skills Training College share their passion for sourcing, making, and delivering the perfect cup of coffee and providing exceptional service. Learn how to make coffee like a pro and harvest their enthusiasm for sharing their expertise when you book your SITHFAB025 & SITXFSA005 barista course with STC.
Skills Training College is a registered training organisation (RTO#45654 | CRICOS #03884A). Our Complete Barista Course consists of an intensive 5-hours of face-to-face training and assessment combined with pre-learning material. You will learn the essentials of making exceptional coffee while understanding the importance of practising food hygiene and safe food preparation techniques essential to ensuring your customers’ health and safety.
We provide our students with the use of up-to-date and widely used industry-standard espresso machines to practice and work with, enabling them to prepare and serve coffee on any current espresso machine in service. The barista course covers all the details of how to make great coffee and how to present the perfect cup every time.
The Barista Course Consists Of The Following Unit:
- SITHFAB025 – Prepare and serve espresso coffee (Supersedes SITHFAB005)
- SITXFSA005 – Use hygienic practices for food safety (Supersedes SITXFSA001)
Barista Course SITHFAB025 & SITXFSA005 is a government-approved and nationally recognised training course. You can be confident the course contains the latest industry practices, legislation, legalities, and best practise; simultaneously, you will receive full training from one of Australia’s largest registered training organisations.
How much is a barista course?
For only $149 after completing our intensive 5-hour face-to-face training and assessment, you emerge with a long list of highly marketable skills currently in high demand from a range of employers across the coffee serving houses and hospitality industry.
What Content Is In The Barista Course?
The barista training course includes a unit dedicated to following and adhering to the best hygienic practices for food safety and handling. Some of the most important features you will learn are:
- Identifying unsafe practices & food hazards
- Essentials of food hygiene
- Procedures for safe food handling
- How to prevent cross-contamination of food
- Reporting requirements
- How to make the perfect cup of coffee
- Best ways to make coffee in a busy working environment
- Organising and preparing a workstation for quick and efficient workflow
- Knowing how to select the right coffee beans, roasts, and blends
- Correct storage of coffee beans
- Ideal location and placement of coffee-making equipment
- Using coffee-making equipment
- Operating a grinder
- Enhancing flavours by adjusting grinds and the size of the dose
- Details of espresso extraction such as filter selection, tampers, brew ratios and creating crema
- Adjusting flavour and intensity
- Using a steam wand to froth different types of milk with different consistencies
- How to make all varieties of coffee, including the most commonly requested flat white, caffe latte, espresso, long black, cappuccino, piccolo latte, ristretto and mocha.
Presenting A Cup Of Coffee
- Presentation standards
- Latte Art options for an attractive finish
- Purging and flushing the steam wand
- Cleaning and maintaining espresso coffee equipment
- Fixing common faults and breakdowns
- General maintenance
- Calibrating the machine
Barista Course Certification
Once you have successfully completed your barista SITHFAB025 & SITXFSA005 course, you will be qualified to call yourself a barista and work professionally in any coffee house or café in Australia. Congratulations on your academic achievement! Your reward will be a Statement Of Attainment for this nationally accredited course.
Plus, SCT Give You The Following Extras
- How To Become A Pro Barista
A reference book covering all your barista training as well as professional hints, advice and tips from industry leaders and trailblazers.
- Barista Kickstart Kit
Containing a resume template along with cover letter examples to help you get the job of your dreams or the first job on your ladder climb to owning your own company!
What Can You Use Your Barista Qualification For?
Our Barista SITHFAB025 & SITXFSA005 Course is the latest nationally accredited qualification for baristas. It is ideal for students who want to get a start in the tourism industry, hospitality industries, global chain coffee houses, or simply anyone wanting professional coffee-making skills for their personal use. Our experienced trainers pass on their professional secrets and years of experience so you can learn from their mistakes. With that kind of advantage, you will only ever prepare and serve great coffee that your customers repeatedly return to procure.
It is a good qualification to have for landing a job in:
- Cafes /Coffee house chains
- Hotels / Motels / Inns / Pubs
- Bookshops with coffee nooks
What Are The Entry Requirements?
There are no formal academic requirements or industry prerequisites to enrol in any barista courses. However, there are language, literacy, and numeracy requirements. Students do require the ability to read English to a proficient level that allows them to understand what they are reading. Some of the course material will cover:
- Read safety data sheets (SDS) and product instructions for cleaning chemicals.
- Be able to ask customers what they want, understand their requests, and offer suitable products or advice related to the transaction.
- Read instructions for operating, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
- Write and read orders on dockets /tickets / screens
- Read recipes for espresso coffee beverages.
- Estimate amounts of milk and read metric and imperial measurements
- Adjust the amount of ground coffee in each dose as required by the customer to give full strength, half strength, quarter strength, triple shot, and double shot dosages of coffee grounds.
Cricos Requirements For International Students
Student visa holders are welcome!
Registered training providers are now able to offer a range of supplementary courses to overseas students without registering the courses on CRICOS.
Education Services for Overseas Students (Exempt Courses) Instrument 2021
Click HERE for a list of exempted courses?