Manual handling refresher – Annual Update
The Manual handling refresher course is intended as an annual update. Participants must have completed an HLTWHS005– Conduct manual tasks safely course previously.
It is recommended that all staff are directly involved in moving and handling clients. Staff and carers directly involved in moving people include, but are not limited to, nurses, student nurses (pre-placement), physiotherapists, occupational therapists, medical staff, ambulance staff, health and nurse aides and people working with the disabled and aged in the community skills are updated annually.
This Accredited Manual handling course provides the skills and knowledge required for a healthcare worker to participate in safe work practices when caring directly for clients within health, nursing, aged care, and home care environments. There is also a focus on maintaining the worker’s safety, the client’s wellbeing support, and the community.
No Online assessment or E-learning is required for the Manual Handling refresher course.
CPD hours can be claimed according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, ‘Continuing Professional Development Standard.’
Skills Training College is a Registered Training Provider (RTO ID: 45654), and we pride ourselves on providing high-quality training with experienced and friendly facilitators.
HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely, also known as manual handling training, is conducted at our Adelaide CBD training centre. The training centre is fully equipped with hoists, hospital beds, slide sheets and everything needed to demonstrate conducting manual tasks safely. With plenty of hands-on practice and practical examples, we aim to make this course informative, fun and enjoyable.
This course is specifically intended for nurses, health workers, support workers and aged care workers working in hospitals and residential care settings. It is designed in accordance with the relevant state/territory legislation, including the hazardous manual tasks code of practice.
No Online Workbook or E-Learning Required
Prior to attending the face-to-face training and assessment, you will be required to complete the pre-course reading and complete the required knowledge workbook. This needs to be printed and brought to the face to face session on the day.
It is a self-paced, self-directed, and mandatory component of the course.
The actual number of study hours required for each learner to complete the quiz varies depending on the learners existing knowledge, skills and experience.
$60 (Prices may vary)
This Hands-on Practical Training takes just 2 hours!
Our Manual handling courses run frequently in Adelaide CBD, Level 2/45 Grenfell Street, over 7 days a week, morning and afternoons.
Refer to Course Calendar for available times
Manual handling certificate Issued Same Day
No Hidden Costs | Fully Accredited | Same Day Certificates
On the day after successful completion of the Manual handling training course:
- Manual handling certificates (Statement of Attendance) are issued electronically
- Additionally, hard copies of Manual handling certificates can be purchased for $12, including postage.
- As recommended by the Industry Council and Safe Work Australia, your Manual handling should be renewed annually
Clinical Lab Simulation – Location
Level 2/45 Grenfell Street, Adelaide CBD
Our Manual handling course, conveniently located in our training facility in Adelaide is interactive, fun and hands–on! You will have access to full working hoists, hospital beds, slide sheets as well as all the necessary equipment for you to learn with and practice on whilst being supported by your Professional Trainer.
About Manual handling for health workers
Designed specifically for the requirements of workers in the Health Care Industry, this course will cover how to safely identify, plan and perform manual handling tasks to assist in maintaining an injury–free workplace
- Pre start Exercises
- Understand & Learn the NO lift Polices
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the spine
- Correct postures
- Fitting and removing slide sheets
- Sliding a supine person up/down a bed
- Turning in bed
- Sitting to standing from chair
- Sitting to standing from edge of a bed
- Standing transfer from bed to chair/chair to bed
- Seated transfer from bed to chair/chair to bed
- Transfer from chair to chair/commode/toilet.
- Hoisting from chair to bed/bed to chair/commode to bed
- Assisted walking – raising a fallen person
- Instructing the person to raise themselves
- Hoisting a person from the floor
- Followed legally compliant workplace procedures to prepare for and complete at least 3 different manual tasks relevant to the work role
- contributed to a consultation process about improving manual handling
Other Relevant Industries:
The Accredited Manual handling course is suitable Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses, Nursing Students (Pre Placement), Health Professionals, anybody working in Aged Care or Aged Care Facilities, Home Care Services, Respite Care, Nursing Home, Australian Home Care, Disability Support Worker, Disability Services, Support Worker, Domestic Workers and Much More.