National Training College makes learning first aid more accessible with our online first aid course.
The new HLTAID011 -Provide first aid course has replaced HLTAID003- Provide First Aid. This nationally recognised first aid course has been called Senior First Aid, Apply First Aid and Level 2 First Aid. Because it’s government-approved training, it’s only available through a registered training organisation (RTO) such as National Training College.
National Training College has an online version of this course, which does the theory online, backed up by a 2-hour skills practice and assessment.
The Provide First Aid Course consists of these 3 units:
What is HLTAID011 Provide First Aid?
- The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid Course is the current nationally accredited course. The certificate lasts for 3 years, but renewing the CPR unit is annual. That CPR training follows the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
What’s involved in the Provide First Aid Course Online?
The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid online course teaches you basic emergency life support and CPR. As well as this, there is basic training for dealing with things such as fractures, snakebites and asthma.
You have to show that you understand and can do all of this:
- Manage someone who is unconscious and not breathing by putting them in a position that keeps their airway clear
- Perform CPR on an adult manikin for 2 minutes without stopping.
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED) to deliver one shock at least
- Help someone else give CPR, keeping interruptions to a minimum
- Know how to deal with vomiting
- Do 2 minutes of CPR on an infant manikin
- Understand how to manage these conditions: bleeding choking, asthma, anaphylaxis, shock, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains.
- Use pressure bandaging for snakebite
- Minor wound dressing and cleaning
- How to use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Effectively communicate details to emergency services
- Prepare a written incident report
We teach and assess a lot of this online, but things such as CPR and bandaging are dealt with at the 2-hour Skills Practice & Assessment Workshop.
What are the first aid training entry requirements?
This online first aid training only requires that you be at least 14 years old. If you’re under 18, you have to provide signed permission from a parent or guardian.
Because you have to prepare an incident report and answer written questions online, you must have a basic level of literacy and computer skills.
Since National Training College is a CRICOS provider, International students can do this first aid training with us. However, you must check with the Department of Home Affairs to see if your visa allows it. Furthermore, you must have appropriate English language skills and be enrolled in a principal course.
A practical workshop is part of this course, so you have to be capable of kneeling and pushing the chest of a manikin for 2 minutes.
What are the resources
National Training College provides the following resources for your course:
- Learner Guide (for pre-reading)
- Online learning portal access
- Practical assessment workbook and knowledge assessment online
- Incident report templates
- Simulation scenarios/Case studies
To complete your first aid course you will need:
- Vasto online learning platform
- Good internet access (at least 5mbps)
- Google Chrome
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel, or equivalent
What are the course fees?
The Provide First Aid online Course is available for only $69.
Please see Fees and Refunds Policy for more information.