National Training College (RTO#45654 | CRICOS #03884A) offers the nationally recognised. Prepare to work safely in the construction industry course. The full course title is CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry. But its most common name is the White Card course.
The CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry is the latest nationally recognised unit of competency.
This course is essential for those wishing to get into the construction industry. That’s because the white card is a requirement for anyone entering a construction site. So if you are a tradie who wants to do more than just domestic work, this qualification is a must.
Course Duration: 6 hours
Prior to Attendance: Participants must complete some prereading and a quiz. The training and assessment are face-to-face.
This training focuses on occupational health and safety. Its aim is to reduce injuries and equip you with strategies to keep you and everyone else on site safe. The following are some of the things you will learn:
- Workplace health and safety regulations
- How to identify hazards and risks on construction sites
- Health and safety reporting processes
- OHS incident and emergency response procedures
We assess you with a combination of the following methods:
- Written Assessment
- Oral Presentation (reports, explanations, and discussions)
- Practical Demonstrations
In addition, you will learn when and how to use personal protective equipment (PPE) including hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection and hi-vis vests.
- No formal academic requirements
- Applicants must be 18 years old or over
- Present Photo ID on the day
- Permit a photo on the day of head, neck, and shoulders
- Be able to locate and recognise numbers commonly used in safety signs.
- Communicate effectively by asking questions to clarify instructions and pointing out a construction problem or hazard.
- Read and follow simple pictorial safety instructions and simple safety instructions written in English.
- Notify the office if you need any additional literacy or numeracy support
- Complete pre-course learning and pre-course quiz
Additional requirements for International Students:
- Currently enrolled in a principal course through a registered CRICOS provider
- Student visa allowing enrolment to another short course (check with the Department of Home Affairs prior to enrolment)
- Must meet the minimum language skills requirements as outlined in Migration (IMMI 18/015: English Language Tests and evidence Exemptions for Subclass 500 (Student) Visa) Instrument 2018
- Pass LLN assessment provided by National Training College before enrolling where English Language Tests and Evidence Exemptions apply
To support you in your new course with National Training College, we will provide:
Access to NTC’s Learning and assessment suite which includes:
- Learner Guide
- Assessment Workbooks
To complete your course you will need access to the following:
Internet access with a reliable speed of at least 5mbps
- Google Chrome (recommended browser)
- MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, or equivalent applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, or equivalent application
The White Card Course is available for only $125.
Please see Fees and Refunds Policy for more information.
There are no formal training pathways for this course. But students who complete this course can pursue further studies in the following training packages:
- Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management*
- Business Services*
- Construction, Plumbing, and Services*
- Gas Industry*
- Information and Communications Technology*
- Property Services*
- Transmission, Distribution and Rail Sector*
- Transport and Logistics*
*These courses are not offered by National Training College.